Bobcat Fire: Disaster Recovery Loans Available
Disaster recovery loans are now available to L.A. County residents and businesses who suffered damage
as a result of the Bobcat Fire. Contact the U.S. Small Business Administration to apply.
FEMA AID FOR BOBCAT FIRE SURVIVORS - DEADLINE DECEMBER 16, 2020!
Residents impacted by the Bobcat or Lake Fires have until December 16, 2020 to register for aid from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). You can register with FEMA in one of three ways:
- Online at DisasterAssistance.gov
- By downloading the FEMA app to a smartphone or tablet; or
- By calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585) 7:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. PST.
Building Rehabilitation Appeals Board Hearings
Public Works holds regular Building Rehabilitation Appeals Board hearings
regarding County recommendations for the ordered abatement of properties
determined to be substandard and a public nuisance. The hearings allow the
opportunity for those who wish to be heard to show why a property is or is not
substandard or to show cause why the building, even if substandard, should not be
ordered barricaded, demolished, repaired, rehabilitated or vacated. Follow the
directions below to access Agendas and information for any upcoming hearings.
For additional information, contact the Property Rehab Section at 626-458-3193.
In keeping with Los Angeles County Public Health Officer’s Safer at Home
order to slow the spread of COVID-19, Public Works has implemented new
procedures for public hearings in order to practice proper physical distancing
Building Rehabilitation Appeals Board Hearings will now be held virtually
in order to provide continued opportunity for public appeals to be
Los Angeles County Public Works Building & Safety Response Regarding COVID-19
For the protection of the public and our employees, all
County facilities are currently closed
to the public. Public Works is open for online business and our staff is readily available to assist you by telephone
or e-mail. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need our assistance.
- For more information regarding closures of County facilities please click here
How to obtain permits
- To apply and obtain permits for a project located in Unincorporated Los Angeles County, please apply on EPIC LA
- To apply and obtain permits for a project located in one of our Contract Cities, please apply on BSOP
- To find out which office serves your project location, please use our Service Locator
- To help determine which website to apply with, please use the EPIC LA Permit Helper
- For a general road map of the permitting process, please click here
- For a roof mount residential solar permit road map, please click here
- For a grading permit road map, please click here
For office contact information, please click here.
A list of our offices and an interactive map will be found near the bottom of the page. Specific section contact information are also located on this page.
Important documents regarding permits can be found here
Virtual Inspections a quick and convenient option
Save time and trouble with a convenient Virtual Inspection of your home project. Some permit holders can schedule a convenient and less-intrusive inspection using their smartphone or tablet, with Skype, Facetime, or another web-based site. See if your home project may qualify. Virtual inspections reduce wait times for re-inspection of minor corrections. Contact your inspector to see if you can get out your device, your flashlight and tape measure, and take a virtual look at your home improvement project.
Take action to reduce wildfire danger
Protect your home from wildland fires. Hot summer days mean hotter temperatures, drier conditions and increased wildfire danger. There are active steps property owners can take to protect their structures from wildfire hazards. Keep your family safe.
Prepare your home and property for wildfires with LA County Fire’s video, Harden Your Home:
LA County Fire’s video, Harden Your Home