New Water Service Installations

The subject information pertains to installation of new water service to individual properties or to Subdivisions (Tracts or Parcel Maps) with no previous water service.

Water Service Provider Lookup

If you have a property address or assessor’s parcel number, you can use the LA County Public Works Service Locator to determine if you are within LACWD’s service area. Click here for the Service Locator.

There are also LACWD Boundary Maps available to verify if the subject property is within our service area. Click here for LACWD maps.

Change to an Existing Water Service

For a change in the size or location of an existing water meter or service connection, please submit a request and applicable documents using the Engineering Customer Service Request portal.

New Water Service

For new water service to single family residential, multi-residential, commercial and subdivision, please see the information in the LACWD How To Brochure and the Fire Flow Availability and New Service Connection Process. For a list of information needed to initiate preliminary review, please see Necessary Forms for Water Service.

For new water service to properties, please submit a request and applicable documents (New Service Connection - WW 172, Fixture Unit Determination - WW 174, Summary of Water Demands - WW 190, Customer Order Form - DPW 92-0004, copy of Grant Deed, Fire Department’s water demand calculations, a plot plan, and subdivision requirements as applicable). For Development Services, please use the EPIC LA online submittal system link below.

Forms are available at any Los Angeles County Waterworks Districts Office or click here to download PDF copies.

For Registered Civil Engineers preparing water plans for water system improvements, LACWD has Title Sheets and Plans Sheets in AutoCAD format or Microstation format available on this page. LACWD Standard Plans can be downloaded here.

For Permitting and Inspections


Waterworks Site:  FAQ  |  Contact  |  SiteMap