Electronic-waste, Toner Cartridges, Batteries, & Fluorescent Bulbs
How to Recycle E-waste
The Board of Supervisors have directed County agencies to donate surplus computer and electronic equipment to authorized charities. Your departmental surplus coordinator is trained to set up a donation program. Contact Candy Rodarte of ISD who oversees the County surplus program to obtain your departmental Surplus Coordinator's information at (323) 267-2339 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reasons to Recycle Toner Cartridges
1. You will decrease the amount of materials sent to landfills.
2. Your donation to charity serves a great cause and holds your department in a positive spotlight.
How to Recycle Toner Cartridges
Reasons to Recycle Batteries
1. It is ILLEGAL to throw batteries in the trash. Click here to see all wastes banned from the trash in California.
2. Batteries contain chemicals such as lithium, mercury and lead, which could leach (picture on right) into our water and ecosystem.
3. You will decrease the amount of material going to our landfills.
How to Recycle Batteries
Reasons to Recycle Fluorescent Bulbs
1. It is ILLEGAL to throw fluorescent bulbs in the trash. Click here to see all wastes banned from the trash in California.
2. Fluorescent bulbs contain trace mercury. mercury has been found in fish consumed by humans. Mercury posioning can lead to brain damage and death.
How to Recycle Fluorescent Bulbs